The Herm Sprenger Ultra-Plus Prong Dog Training Collar is a safe and practical training solution when used properly. Prong collars are designed to be used with gentle pressure on the neck to "steer" your pet when they pull on the leash. They are NOT meant to deliver sharp corrections that cause pain.
Herm Sprenger offers a variety of high-quality, specialty chain products with excellent fit and finish quality.
Features & Benefits -
- Can help provide control in "asymmetric" situations where a smaller person has to control a larger or more powerful dog.
- Features a solid fastener plate that provides a more secure connection, making fastening the collar around your dog's neck easier and safer.
- Polished chrome finish has a smooth tightening action and blunt prongs that are designed to give a feeling of pressure, not pain.
- Not recommended for puppies.
- DO NOT correct your pet by jerking on the leash when they are wearing a prong collar.
- DO NOT leave the collar on your pet when they are unattended.
- Additional collar links to expand size and fine tune fit are available separately.
Choose your size. Made in Germany.
To prevent injury to your pet, it is very important that a prong collar is fitted properly. It should be placed high on the dog's neck, just below the ears and with all the extra links removed so that it is snug to the neck and does not have extra slack. A collar that is drooping can cause the dog's neck to get pinched, causing unintended pain.
Measure the circumference of your dog's neck just below the ears -
- Up to 14 Inch Neck Size = Fine chain width (2.25 mm), 16 Inch chain length.
- Up to 18 Inch Neck Size = Medium chain width (3.0 mm), 20 Inch chain length.
- Up to 20 Inch Neck Size = Heavy chain width (3.25 mm), 22 Inch chain length.
- Up to 22 Inch Neck Size = XHeavy chain width (3.8 mm), 24 Inch chain length.
A safe and effective dog training tool with proper use. It is best to consult resources such as a dog trainer, or training videos and literature with regard to the best use of prong collars.
To adjust the size of the collar, add or remove individual links to achieve the best fit.