The Herm Sprenger Dog Chain Training Collar is a safe and effective training tool with proper use. Chain collars are designed to be used with gentle pressure on the neck to "steer" your pet when they pull on the leash. They are NOT meant to deliver sharp corrections that can cause pain or injure the neck.
Herm Sprenger offers a variety of high-quality, specialty chain products with excellent fit and finish quality.
Features & Benefits -
- Can provide better control for dogs that pull excessively on a regular buckle collar.
- Can be worn for walks without taking off your pet's everyday buckle collar (that has their ID tag attached).
- Made with sophisticated production techniques, consistent quality control, superb craftsmanship and the highest quality raw materials.
- DO NOT leave a chain collar on your pet while they are unattended.
Choose your size. Made in Germany.
To prevent injury to your pet, it is very important that a chain collar is fitted properly and worn in the correct orientation. It should be placed high on the dog's neck, just below the ears and snug to the neck with no extra slack. The collar will not work correctly if it is loose and falls low upon the neckline.
To determine collar size needed, measure your dog's neck circumference and add 4 Inches -
- Up to 10 Inch Neck = Fine chain width (2.25 mm), 14 Inch chain length.
- Up to 12 Inch Neck = Fine chain width (2.25 mm), 16 Inch chain length
- Up to 14 Inch Neck = Medium chain width (3.0 mm), 18 Inch chain length.
- Up to 16 Inch Neck = Medium chain width (3.0 mm), 20 Inch chain length.
- Up to 18 Inch Neck = Heavy chain width (3.25 mm), 22 Inch chain length.
- Up to 20 Inch Neck = Heavy chain width (3.25 mm), 24 Inch chain length
- Up to 22 Inch Neck = XHeavy chain width (3.8 mm), 26 Inch chain length.
Chain collars are a safe and effective dog training tool with proper use. The collar should be worn in the correct orientation, such that the chain releases when slack is given on the leash. Arrange the collar into the shape of a capital "P" while FACING the dog and place the loop over the head (see picture on main item page).